Monday, June 29, 2020

just don't


Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
- Leviticus 19:18

Just a friendly reminder of what God has to say about the topic of revenge.
He says don’t.
We humans always seem to think that we know better, don’t we? 
I feel like many humans set off with a knee-jerk reaction and to heck with the consequences.
Remember to count to ten (slowly) before we react, and think about these things: is it kind? Is it helpful?
Lysa TerKeurst said in her book Unglued “If I knew this conversation was being videotaped and then shown to people I greatly respect, how would this change my reaction?"
Perhaps we should think about that before we react with revenge in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...