Monday, March 30, 2020

shelter


Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until His wrath has passed by. See, the Lord is coming out of His dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed on it; the earth will conceal its slain no longer.
- Isaiah 26:20-21

This verse almost sounds like what is going on in the world right now, doesn’t it?
We are being told to self-quarantine and social distance in an attempt to eradicate a virus.
Does it feel like the wrath of God?
Perhaps to some people it does, I have seen memes about God taking away movies, sports, restaurants, schools and work.
But friends, I am here to tell you that this is not God’s doing.
Right now the US passed several other nations in confirmed cases – because people do not listen – not God’s wrath.
Maybe we should take heed of this verse, and hide in His word (and our homes) for a little while.
And I really think we need to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...