Friday, October 4, 2019

giving


Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food. Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
- Isaiah 55:2-3

As a parent, we try to teach our kids the basics of life: get an education, get a job, work to earn your living, live within your means.
But do we teach our children to give?
If we don’t, we are doing them a great disservice.
Doesn’t it feel good to do something nice for someone else, especially if they aren’t expecting it?
Isn’t it cool to witness the kindness of a stranger?
Give, your time, your kindness, your heart your money.
You will end up so much richer than if you try to keep it all for yourself.
After all, God promises you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...