Wednesday, October 23, 2019

are you worried?


So never worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Matthew 6:34

I believe that my biggest sin is worry.
I worry about the tiniest things.
I feel like this is my biggest sin because the Bible says many times “do not worry”, “do not be afraid”,  “fear not” – get this – over 300 times!!!
It has been said that the above phrases appear in the Bible 365 times – that is one “fear not” for every single day of the year.  
Song reference snippet:
And because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know he holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because he lives
And then one day
We'll all cross the river
And fight life's final war with pain
And then, as death gives way to victory
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know he reigns
Because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know he holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because he lives
Each day that we are given is a beautiful gift from God.
Should we really spend that gift in worry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...