Tuesday, October 22, 2019

you can't make me!


And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles.
- Matthew 5:41

One of life’s greatest arguments as a child is that of “you can’t make me”.
We hear it from our children when we tell them to clean their rooms or do their homework.
Growing up we heard it on the playground.
Some of us still react this way, when a manager or co-worker “makes” us do something.
And at that point, most of us become bitter, resentful, defensive . . .
I’m kind of a control freak, so when someone messes with my routine, yeah I get a little fussy.
Jesus says that we need to go the extra mile, that whatever is asked of us, we do that and more.
We should be generous with our time and talents.
But in that, we need to make sure that people know that our helpfulness comes from a heart of God, not an angry heart.
A heart focused on serving Jesus is a happy and generous heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...