Friday, October 25, 2019

the same


Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
- Hebrews 13:8

We all change, right?
I am not the same person I was in high school, and I am certainly not the same as I was before I found Christ.
I would like to think, however, that now I am the same person, whether you know me from work, church, a cat gathering, or the neighborhood.
I would like to think that if I see you in the store, I will show you the same respect as I do in our “normal environment”.
Some people are not like that though, if they know you at work, they don’t socialize with you.
Or if they know you socially, they feel awkward working with you.
Or there is the old joke about how to tell the difference between religions at the liquor store (I’ll let you google that one).
Aren’t we lucky, that Jesus never changes?
Jesus is the same, from the time that you first learn about Him, to the time you decide to follow Him, all the way through the time you get to meet Him face to face.
I’m so glad that Jesus is constant, especially since humans are not.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...