Thursday, April 11, 2019

happy anniversary


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-13

Today is the anniversary of the day that I married my best friend, so forgive me for being a little more sappy than normal.
Marriage is not an easy thing, there is give and take and arguments and craziness, and that is just the two of you! 
Sprinkle in a few kids and two sides of in-laws, job changes, cross country moves and you have a recipe for potential disaster!!!
It is so very important to make God the focus of your marriage, I can tell you first hand the difference that having a relationship with Him made in our marriage.
Sometimes it is hard to remember the important things about love, the patient and kind parts, the not easily angered and keeping no record of wrongs part.
If you have ever been in an argument and not brought up a past event, then you are a stronger person than I am, because isn’t that our arsenal? 
To hold bitterness and anger in our hearts will destroy a marriage, a friendship, any relationship.
Let God into your marriage, see the good things He can do.
Happy anniversary, my love (yes, he reads these 😊  )
Everyone said we wouldn’t last – fooled them!
Love endures all things.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...