Monday, April 15, 2019

what is your outlook?


“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.”
- John 9:3

Whenever there is any kind of disaster or terrible event, we hear people lament over “where is your God now”.
We often see people accuse God of letting bad things happen, and some even suggest that the bad things that happen are a “punishment” for a sin.
We have even been guilty of this thinking ourselves, that if we had not done “this” then “that” would not have happened, or what did I do wrong that I deserved this terrible thing . . . 
Stop it.
Jesus Himself tells us that bad things happen to good people and it is not because of what we have done, but so that we might lean on God – praise Him in the storm if you will.
It’s hard in troubled times to think about praising God and thanking Him, but we have to – we must – trust in Him.
A friend of mine recently gave a visual demonstration with a coin, heads being the terrible thing, tails being the bright side - I can’t remember her exact wording but you will understand:
Heads - my dog ate my favorite expensive shoes/Tails – I have a dog that I love and I can save up for another pair of shoes
Heads – my car needs a new battery/Tails – I have a car
Heads – I was 15 minutes late to work this morning because of traffic/Tails – I have a job
You get it, right?  It is all a matter of perspective. 
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...