Thursday, April 18, 2019

I am afraid of the dark


In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- John 1:4-5

I am afraid of the dark, I admit it – I am almost 50 years old (86 more days!) and I truly do not like the dark.
I need some light, some way to see my way through.
Jesus is a light, being in His presence lights my path, keeps me focused.
But what if “darkness” is a metaphor, rather than being the absence of light, it is something deeper, something evil?
Jesus is still the light, the darkness will not overcome Him.
In my house, I have lamps and glow-y things to help me see.
In my soul, I have Jesus.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...