Friday, April 19, 2019

it is finished


When He had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.
- John 19:30

Today is Good Friday. 
On Sunday morning, little kids everywhere will wake up thrilled with baskets and eggs and bunnies and candy.
Christ followers will rejoice, He is risen, He is risen indeed.
But today, today we mourn.
On the day that Jesus was crucified, people didn’t know that He would rise again. 
There was prophecy, even Jesus said He would be back (John 16:16 - Jesus went on to say, “In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.”)
They didn’t believe Him, all they knew was that He was dead.
Christ gave His life for us.
He did this so that we may enter heaven and have eternal life.
It’s not all about the bunny.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...