Monday, April 8, 2019

shadows can be good


How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
- Psalm 36:7

As children, I think a lot of us have a fear of the dark, of shadows.
Shadows can be good though!
Think about on a hot summer day, with blistering sunshine (ok, that is me, wishing for summer) we gravitate toward the shade, and what is the shade but the shadow of a building or a tree?
Song reference!
Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness
Stretches to the skies
Your righteousness is
Like the mighty mountain, yeah
Your justice flows like the ocean's tides
I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of Your wings
People take refuge in the shade, in the shadows – we can be relieved from heat, we can be refreshed.
God’s love is refreshing, we just need to happily accept it.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...