Friday, December 21, 2018

an angel to guide us


An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Christmas is almost here!
I can only imagine what Mary was feeling leading up to the birth of this Child.
She was young, a newly wed, giving birth to a child that was not her husband’s child, alone, in less than pristine conditions.
I can only imagine what Joseph was feeling, having to care for a child that was not his, maybe having to endure some ridicule of his own for taking an already pregnant Mary for his wife.
Angels have been guiding humans in the way of the Lord since creation.
I may not have seen or spoken to my angel face to face, or maybe I have and just don’t realize it, but this much I know:
We have been given a wonderful gift, we don’t need an angel to tell us how wonderful and amazing He is.
This Christmas, in all the chaos. Please take a moment to listen for your angel, listen for the word of God.
He may be speaking directly to you.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...