Tuesday, December 18, 2018

believe


Now fear the Lord and serve Him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
- Joshua 14:14-15

Several years ago around this time of year, I put a pretty snarky post on Facebook about non-believers celebrating Christmas.
It was hurtful, it was mean, and as a result of the hateful comments exchanged, I ended up losing several very good friends.
Fortunately, my friends and I have made amends, but we lost valuable time with each other over an argument of belief.
This time of year, Christ followers are under attack.
Christmas in its entirety is under attack. (Don’t believe me?  Check out all the uproar about the secular song “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”)
In the words of my very wise Pastor, we have to be careful how we fight, we need to handle it well.
There is no reason to fight about this – we must stop attacking people that don’t believe the way we believe, truth does not need to be defended.
There are many in this world that do not believe the same way that a Christ follower believes (even some Christ followers have a different view on some things, that is why we have so many different Christian religions.  
The opposition would like you to think that they are the enemy, but I tell you, non-believers, other religions, atheists, they are not the enemy - satan is the enemy.
Our responsibility against opposition?
Draw a line in the sand, do not let them cross it.
But taking it a step further, draw that line in your own sand, not someone else’s.
Let them have their beliefs, but don’t let their belief cross into your world.  
Tell them what you believe.
When was the last time you told someone what Jesus has done for you?
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...