Tuesday, December 25, 2018

stars may fall


May you be strengthened with all power according to His glorious might.
- Colossians 1:1

Every month at our Women’s Ministry meeting, we get these little business card sized cards that have a Bible verse on one side and a quote from random people on the other.  I really like these little cards, I have put them in my phone case, I have them taped to my monitor at home, I like to look at them and be reminded of important things. 
Today is Christmas day, it is kind of bittersweet for me, while I am blessed to share it with my husband and children, and friends that are family, I am also missing some people that are very important to me.
As I sat down to write today’s daily bread, it was with a heavy heart because I really did not feel all happy and cheerful, this Christmas day.  The first thing I saw when I powered on my computer was this quote from J.I. Packer on the back of one of the aforementioned cards: “The stars may fall, but God’s promises will stand and be fulfilled.”
Even though I am sad today, I know that I will smile and be happy again, because God’s word has promises in it just for me. Just for me. Ok, for you too.
Merry Christmas my friends. I hope that you find the blessings of the day in your hearts.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...