Friday, November 24, 2017

Be generous

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
- Proverbs 11:25

We are created to be generous, God made us so that giving is a refreshing act. 
Why?
Because God is generous and He made us in His image. 
Have you ever been given something you need, and when you offer to repay you are told to pay it forward? 
There is a worldwide phenomenon called “pay-it forward” that started with drive-thrus.
It’s a pretty simple concept, you go through any drive through, place your order, and when you get to the window, you tell the cashier that you are also paying for the person in the car behind you.  
Sometimes, if you drive away slow enough, you can see the look on the person’s face in the car behind you, it’s rather rewarding!
You can do the same thing with non-tangible things. 
When you see someone that needs a smile or a kind word, give them one. 
It doesn’t cost you a thing and it may make someone’s day a little better.   
One time I needed something from someone at work and the precise moment that I went to that persons desk, the person had just finished a telephone call where disturbing news was delivered.  
We talked, we cried, we comforted, we prayed. 
When I got ready to leave, the person commented that I had arrived at the perfect time, because they really needed someone to listen.    
God knows when you are needed. 
Be still and listen, He will guide you where you need to be.
The Bible says that the action of giving to others sets into motion a sense of satisfaction, so don’t hoard what you have, give, and watch all of the creative ways that you will prosper, both in soul and body. 

Have a blessed day!


Thanks!
=^..^=
Kitty Matz -  Senior Release Engineer & Notary Public  
RT - Store - Health & Wellness/Specialty Release Team
phone: 479.277.6177
Walmart - David Glass Technology Center 805 Moberly Lane Bentonville, AR  72716 Save money. Live better.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Sister Minister! And just as important is the need to let others be a blessing to you. How many of us let our pride or selfishness get in the way and prevent others from being a blessing to us?
    This was brought home to me a few years back when a friend of mine observed me refusing to let someone pay for me during a social event. Afterwards she came up to me and said “You know Minister Kilpatrick you are prideful and selfish.” You can probably realize that this set me back somewhat. “Excuse me?!!”
    She then went on to ask me how did I feel when I was able to treat someone to something or help someone out in need? I replied, just as you inferred in your post: “It’s rather rewarding”.
    “Soooo let me ask you this then” she shot back. “Why do you deprive others of that feeling? Don’t you know that by refusing to allow others the opportunity to be a blessing to you that you are in effect denying them of their God given right to be a blessing to others? And to me that seems prideful and selfish! Plus you rob them of that rewarding feeling that you get from being a blessing to others!”
    WOW! Needless to say, I have never refused a blessing from others since then.
    Be a blessing but also allow others to be a blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...