Wednesday, November 29, 2017

wait!

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
– Psalm 27:14 

OOOOOOOOO waiting . . .
This time of year waiting is especially tough. 
Our youngest son just left after visiting for the Thanksgiving holiday, but I find myself counting days until he is home for Christmas.
Little kids use Advent calendars and other fun activities to count down the days until Christmas.
Adults pray and pray for answers, and wonder why it is taking so long to get those answers.
It takes strength to wait for the Lord.
We want answers now, but sometimes God is found in the delay.
He uses waiting to form things in our soul that we won’t get any other way.
There have been a lot of things that I have prayed for, that I didn’t get, and now I realize that God was right in not giving me everything I wanted.
It is better to take heart and wait upon the Lord than to take things into our own hands.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...