Friday, November 10, 2017

are you low on love?

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.

"I'm not sure I can love them any more,  my supply of love is gone, my capacity to love is exhausted."
Yes, there are times when it seems others will exhaust our ability to love, either because of their need being so great or because of their unwillingness to love in return.
How do we go on?
We need a community of love; other believers who will support and love us.
We need brothers and sisters in Christ who will pray for God to increase our capacity to love.
We need to trust that in response to all of our prayers, God will pour more love into our hearts through His ever flowing stream of grace, the Holy Spirit.
When love is low, don't withdraw or give up.
Draw near to God and draw near to His people asking for His grace to help in your time of need.


Have a blessed day! 

2 comments:

  1. Loving others includes encouraging one another. In Romans 12:7-8, Paul lists encouragement as one of the gifts of grace. Fellow believers encourage one another to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18). The gift of encouragement is important in our lives. En-cour¬agement is a gift in the home, the workplace, the church—wherever we find ourselves. We must come alongside each other and be there for one another. We must listen, comfort, console, affirm. In my opinion, that is the best way of living out the command to love one another.
    So take some time today to recall the people who’ve been encouragers in your life. You know who I am talking about: The ones who were there when you thought you’d never laugh again. The ones who listened to you; whereas others just talked. Then ask yourself, “When was the last time I encouraged someone?” It’s not difficult, and the people you encourage will be blessed by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3
      Thank you for adding that, Sheenkai! I will do my best to encourage someone today!

      Delete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...