Tuesday, November 28, 2017

i want to go

How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
– Psalm 84:1-2

Song reference! (you knew it was coming, didn’t you?)
How lovely is Your dwelling place
Oh Lord Almighty,
For my soul longs
And even faints For You
Oh, here my heart
Is satisfied
Within Your presence
I see beneath
The shadow of Your wings
Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere
This is passion for the Lord.
I don’t know about you, but I love my Sunday mornings - I can remember feeling like I “had” to go to church and now I WANT to go!
I mean, as a humans, do we long for the place where God meets us, or do we see our place of worship as an obligation?
Sometimes it is the place we attend, sometimes it is the people that go there.
Sometimes the difference in how we feel about attending church is not in what happens at a church building, but what happens the rest of the week.
If you had a rough week maybe all you want to do is sleep in on Sunday.
Try this: make the Lord your center during the week and see how work and life in general becomes a little less “have to” and a little more “want to”.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...