Tuesday, November 21, 2017

it's all in the giving

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ 
Acts 20:35


As we approach Thanksgiving and Christmas, be reminded that it is not so much what we get, but rather much more what we give.
Helen Walton was quoted as saying that what is important in life is not what we gather, but what we scatter.
Let’s make our goal to bless someone each day in a small but special way.
When the world is filled with worry and sadness, we have a huge opportunity to be light, joy and hope this Holiday season.
Many people think that thanksgiving is for giving thanks but what if it means giving because I am thankful? 
We can’t out give God, but we can follow His model by giving.


Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. It is essential and a great witness to be a blessing to others. Each day before I leave for work my wife's last words to me are "Be a blessing to someone today". Thanks for the added encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...