Friday, May 12, 2017

just saying . . .

The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Sound familiar?
There is an Irish blessing that is very similar:
May the Road rise to meet you, 
May the wind be always at your back. 
May the sun shine warm upon your face. 
May the rains fall soft upon your fields. 
And until we meet again, 
May the Lord hold you in the palm of him hand.
I think the Irish had it right here!!
Don’t we all want to place the mighty name of the LORD on people we love?
What an incredible gift, that we have the power to give to others with just our faithful words!
Blessings are found in every culture and all throughout Scripture.
Go ahead and google some of your favorite sayings – if they are blessings, I would wager that they can be found in Scripture.
In fact, let’s work together to share God's blessing with others – after the week that I have had (and I know a few others are on the same page) I could use some happy encouraging words!
We can start with this one, and then add a bunch of others as we find them in Scripture.
You can reply to me via email, comment on my blog ( www.dailybreadgodswordmythoughts.blogspot.com ), or respond on Facebook.
As a matter of fact, I challenge you to bless someone today, I double dog dare ya!!!
Happy Friday!

Have a blessed day! 

3 comments:

  1. Encouraging words from an encouraging person. Thank you for your daily bread emails. They get my day started the right way. I encourage everyone to find your life's purpose. I'm seeking mine now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Mister Bee! I give God the glory for giving me the right words to share. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. Sister Minister keeping it real! You are my Daily Blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...