Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Never give up

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
—2 Corinthians 4:7-9

I have mentioned this verse before, yet I feel compelled to use it again.
We each face struggles every single day, every one of us - our struggle may be small in comparison to someone else, but to us it is very large, and very real.  
One of my favorite quotes is “Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.  Be kind. Always.”
How often I find myself forgetting that. 
No matter what talents and successes that we might have here on earth, we are merely vessels for God's message of grace, hope, and power.
Our focus should never be on the container for the message, instead, what is most important is the integrity of the messenger no matter the situation, so that the message can be seen without distraction.
The school where my kids attended K-5 here in Arkansas had a motto (what’s a motto? Nothing, what’s a motto with you?) (sorry – Lion King reference) that says “always do the right thing, even when no one is looking.”
That is integrity and if we have integrity, people will see that in us. 
They will know they can trust us and come to us when they are in need.
It is my desire that people see Jesus in me. 
I am a vessel, filled with His grace, I am a lump of clay, waiting for Him to mold me into what He wants me to be.
But
I am nothing.
Nothing without Him.
God's power is what sustains us, not our own, we are simply a vessel, a tool, in the hands of the Lord.
I need to repeat this. . .  over and over and over. 
People can tear me down, circumstances can give me trouble but I am NOT ALONE!
Neither are you. 
YOU are NOT alone!
We have each other, our friends and our family, but most of all, we have God. 
No matter what people try to do to me or take from me I ALWAYS have God.
Devil be warned – she is out of bed this morning and she is praising her Father with everything she’s got!


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...