Friday, April 7, 2017

Dilemma!

For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
– Romans 7:18-20

Are you trapped in the dilemma of trying to live a religious life, knowing the rules, yet painfully aware that you can’t keep the rules?
I think we can all answer that one “yes”.
We have a tendency is to keep looking for rules that please God, and sometimes even twisting His words to make our breaking the rules seem ok.
But that only leads to the anxiety that we see in these verses.
We know when we are doing something wrong and they trying to justify it.
We all sin and fall short (that is in the Bible too!).
We need to recognize our spiritual lack and pray for a way out.
That is why Jesus Christ came and challenged our hearts, because rules are not enough.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...