Monday, April 3, 2017

A time to mourn

So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
- John 16:22

My daddy would have been 90 years old today.
Unfortunately, he passed away 32 years ago, when I was only 15 years old.
This verse is set in the middle of the conversation that Jesus had with His disciples shortly before He was arrested, He is telling the disciples that He is going to die, but that they will see Him again.
He is telling them that it is OK for them to mourn, that when they see Him again, they will rejoice!
I truly believe that I will see my daddy again someday.
Someday, we all will be reunited, not only with our own families and loved ones, but also with the people of God from all ages.
In heaven we will all be one loving family, a huge family, and we will spend our eternity in rich, unending fellowship with those we loved here on Earth.
It is ok to mourn the passing of a loved one, as long as you remember that you’ll be with them again.  


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...