Friday, April 12, 2024

this is us

Scarcely had I passed by them, When I found the one I love. I held him and would not let him go.

- Song of Solomon 3:4a (NKJV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13 (NIV)

Today you get a two-fer, because today is special. 
It was on this day 27 years ago, the day after my hometown had the last blizzard of the year that I walked into a Lutheran Church knowing I would never be the same when I walked out.
That was the day that I married my soul mate, the one I love. 
I know, it sounds sappy, but he really is my person. 
Marriage is not an easy thing, especially marriage to me. 
Our marriage endured some serious challenges through the years.
There has been a lot of giving and taking, so many arguments and craziness. 

We’ve had kids, two sides of in-laws, job changes, cross country moves, complete changes in the direction we thought our lives would take.

But we stuck it out.
It can be hard to remember the important things about love, the patient and kind parts, the not easily angered and keeping no record of wrongs parts.

I know there were arguments where one of us would mention a past event, trying to hurt the other.

That is not good for a marriage, holding bitterness and anger in our hearts will destroy a marriage.
I am thankful that we worked through our problems, our insecurities, our bitterness, anger and hurt, so many marriages don’t survive things like that.

Everyone said we wouldn’t last, but look, we fooled them!

Happy anniversary, my love (yes, he reads these), you are the one my soul loves.

Love endures all things, especially the kind of love that God blesses.
The kind of love we have.
Faith, hope, and love are important.
And the greatest of these is love.

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...