Wednesday, April 10, 2024

woman

Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour. A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.” 

- John 4:6-7 (NKJV)

The woman at the well.
Chances are you have heard this story of Jesus on His way to Galilee, having a conversation with a Samaritan woman.
Back in those days, the Jewish people did not think much of the people of Samaria.
Additionally, this woman was known in her village as a woman of ill repute. 
But Jesus came to her when she needed Him most. 
He opened her eyes and her heart to Him, to the Savior of the world. 
Oliva Lane loved music from a very young age, but she didn’t know God.
She went into the world with a dream, and she found success but she also found anxiety and stress.
In 2017 the stress and anxiety took a huge toll on her, causing her to lose her voice as her body began to break down.

She knew she had to change but didn’t know where to start.
She calls her healing “from atheist to amen” and in 2021 she released Woman at the Well:
I heard a story from the Bible

When I was just a little girl

About a broken-hearted woman

Who met the Savior of the world

Thought it was just another story

One that the preacher man would read

But as I'm sitting here at home

Drinking red wine all alone

I think that woman might be me

'Cause tonight I feel just like

The woman at the well

Wondering how someone could love me

When I can't love myself

But You want me as I am and that sounds crazy

I guess maybe that's why grace is so amazing

Staring at that empty bottle

I swear I caught a glimpse of Him

He met me right there at the bottom

And turned that wine to living water

And taught me how to love again

Yeah, tonight I feel just like

The woman at the well

Wondering how someone could love me

When I can't love myself

But You want me as I am and that sounds crazy

I guess maybe that's why grace is so amazing

It's no longer just a story when I read it (when I read it)

'Cause I've seen Him for myself and I believe it

'Cause tonight I feel just like

The woman at the well

Wondering how someone could love me

When I can't love myself

But You want me as I am and that sounds crazy

I guess maybe that's why grace is so amazing

Just like the story from the Bible

I heard when I was just a girl

I'm the broken-hearted woman

Who met the Savior of the world
Jesus revealed Himself to the woman at the well, and because she believed, her testimony made a huge impact on others.
When Olivia found God, she knew that she was just like the woman at the well, and now she intends to have an impact with her testimony.
Hearing this song, reading these lyrics, do you see yourself? 
Do you ever wonder how someone can love you when you can’t even love yourself? 
When we hit our rock bottom, Jesus is there, ready to pick us up. 
We are loved by a King. 
And He will show us just how loved and beautiful we are.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...