Friday, April 19, 2024

casting

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

- Psalm 55:22 (NIV)

 

I really like the ability to google all my questions.

I don't always get the answer that I am seeking, but i get some kind of answer.

I googled “cast your troubles on the Lord” and came back with six verses.

SIX!

Everything from "don’t worry", to "cast your burdens", to "cast your anxiety", to "fear not!".

I have all those things: worry, burdens, anxiety (boy howdy, do I have anxiety!) and fear.

And I am instructed to just let it all go, like one would cast a fishing line out to the lake.

That is a tough one for sure.
But God loves us so much that He wants us to share our trouble, our sorrow, our burdens, our anxiety with Him.

And the best part?

He will make it go away, maybe not in the time frame you would like, but it will go away.

He will sustain you, maybe not quite the way you anticipated, but you will be sustained.

He will give you rest, perhaps not the kind of rest you want, but the kind He knows you need.

He will help you because He cares for you.

Why even consider looking elsewhere?

Cast all your cares on Him.

Also, feel free to look up the other five “cast your troubles” verses.  

They are Isaiah 41:13, Matthew 6:25, Matthew 11:28-29, Philippians 4:6-7, and 1 Peter 5:7, not necessarily in that order.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...