Tuesday, December 19, 2023

truly glad

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him now, you trust Him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting Him will be the salvation of your souls.

- 1 Peter 1:6-9 (NLT)

 

How do you remain joyful this Christmas season when your heart is full of hurt?

Everyone has trials; it is all in how you handle it.

I don’t believe that there is one person reading this that has not been ill, lost a friend or a loved one, or had some sort of tragedy in their life. 

As we fight these battles we can go running to His arms when the storms are too strong to bear.

The trials are bad but know that there is joy after the pain.

So many crazy things have happened in my life, I simply cannot believe that God has not had a hand in each thing and has brought me through so many fires without me being terribly burned. 

So maybe I can’t see Him, but I sure know He is there. 

And that keeps my joy overflowing.

It seems to be human nature to be unhappy, you see it in almost every face.

But keep sharing the Gospel – we don’t know when something we say might be that spark that starts a flame burning in someone’s heart and leads them to God.

Don’t pressure them, threaten them or stop being their friend, honestly, don’t even try to change their mind, but instead, live as an example, let them see Christ in you.

An anonymous person is quoted as saying “I believe in the sun even if it isn’t shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent.

There is joy in everything, you can find it if you look hard enough, and be truly glad that you know there is joy ahead.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...