Tuesday, December 5, 2023

once a fool

For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.

- Titus 3:3 (NKJV)

 

It’s the holiday season, a time for love and peace, for giving and joy, for sharing and taking care of others.

Until we go to the store.

Then it is the season of chaos and anger, envy and hate, rudeness and selfishness.

I am not a fan of shopping ever, but it is worse during the holidays because that seems to be when people are at their worst instead of their best.

I fully admit that I am guilty of being this foolish at times – think road rage with a shopping cart – I am at my worst when I should be at my best.

When I first read this verse, I immediately thought about the old quote “once a fool, always a fool”.
Aren’t we fortunate then, that we do not have to be always a fool? 
We are given the choice to follow Christ, to have His love and kindness fill us and spill from us into those lives we touch daily.
We don’t have to be “grinchy” if we remember two things: God loves us and He gave us the tools we need to love others.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...