Wednesday, December 13, 2023

refreshing

 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

- Proverbs 11:25 (NIV)

 

As we get closer to Christmas, we begin to hear more about those who are in need this holiday season.

It is heartbreaking, really, and the needs are not always financial.

I once approached a co-worker’s desk to get information from them.

The precise moment I got to their desk, the person finished a telephone call where disturbing news was delivered. 

We talked, we cried, we comforted, we prayed.

When I got ready to leave, the person commented that I had arrived at the perfect time, because they really needed someone to listen.   

God knows when you are needed.

The VOICE translation of this verse reads A giving person will receive much in return, and someone who gives water will also receive the water he needs.

We are the water that some people need.

The Bible says that the action of giving to others sets into motion a sense of satisfaction.

If your heart is heavy this season, maybe give a little of yourself to someone in need.

A smile, a kind word, you never know when that is the very gift that someone is seeking.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...