Wednesday, December 6, 2023

good gifts

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

- James 1:17 (NKJV)

 

Someone that I am close to told me this week, “I love Christmas, I love what it means, I don’t love what people have turned it into”.

Whoa buddy!
I could not have said it better myself. 

There are only 19 days until Christmas, and I am still wrangling up gifts for people.
I have to stop myself sometimes to remember that the perfect gift has already been given and if we are lucky enough, we have received that gift.
How fortunate are we to have a Father that loves us so much that He gave us the perfect gift in His Son Jesus?
I cannot think of a more perfect gift than that, and we don’t have to go to a crowded store or wait for an online order or even wait until Christmas morning.

We can open our hearts to the perfect gift right now.

For unto us a Child is born,

Unto us a Son is given,

And the government will be on His shoulders.

And His name will be called

Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

- Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...