Friday, December 22, 2023

go eat

Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

- Nehemiah 8:10 (NIV)

 

Nehemiah said this to the Levites after Ezra read and explained the Law of Moses, see, these people had been grieving for a long time, they had just returned to their cities after a long exile and their spirits were down. 
My favorite thing to do at Christmas is to spend time with my in-laws, preparing for the upcoming feast.
Christmas Eve soups and breads, Christmas day meats and yummy sides, the time spent with family is priceless.

It’s been two years since my mother passed, even longer since my dad and my brother passed, and this Christmas is still very painful.

I’m blessed to have married into an amazing family that shows me joy through my tears.

Nehemiah reminded the people what God had provided, even through their sorrow there was joy to be found.

He also reminded them to share their food and drinks, I think that I know why, because when you have something, even when it is little, and you share it, it brings joy.
Joy to the person receiving it, joy to you and this joy fills us with the Lord’s strength.

This Christmas share joy.

The smallest act of kindness can be the spark that starts the fire of joy in someone’s heart.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...