Friday, December 15, 2023

joy

 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

- Philippians 4:4 (NKJV)

 

I find it interesting when I look back at my writing through the years that I have referenced this verse at both Christmas and Easter.
Christmas because we find unspeakable joy in celebrating the birth of our King. 
Easter because we find unspeakable joy in celebrating our risen King. 
In 2009 Chris Tomlin released a version of Joy to the World that includes unspeakable joy:
Joy to the world, the Lord is come

Let earth receive her King

Let every heart prepare Him room

And Heaven and nature sing

And Heaven and nature sing

And Heaven, and Heaven and nature sing

Joy to the world, the Savior reigns

That all their songs employ

While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains

Repeat the sounding joy

Repeat the sounding joy

Repeat, repeat the sounding joy

Joy, unspeakable joy

And overflowing where no tongue can tell

Joy, unspeakable joy

Rises in my soul, never lets me go

He rules the world with truth and grace

And makes the nations prove

The glories of His righteousness

And wonders of His love

And wonders of His love

And wonders, wonders of His love

Joy, unspeakable joy

And overflowing where no tongue can tell

Joy, unspeakable joy

Rises in my soul, never lets me go

We have many reasons to rejoice in the Lord.

Joy is not just an emotion, joy is deep rooted, and can be amazingly simple.

As simple as a light fluffy snowfall with huge flakes.

As simple as the light in a child’s face when they discover something new.

As simple as the soft and gentle purr of a kitten in your lap.

Joy can be found in the most dire situation, as the apostle Paul showed us when he encouraged his followers to rejoice, even while he was being beaten and tortured and in prison.

True joy, is not just an emotion, but a state of well-being.

For every bit of trouble or anger in your life, I challenge you to find something in that event that brings joy.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...