Friday, February 18, 2022

they will know

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

- John 13:34-35

 

Do you consider yourself a disciple?

Do you love one another, as Jesus taught us to love?

He plainly says they will know we are His disciples – OOOOO – song reference!!!

We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord

We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord

And we pray that our unity will one day be restored

And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love

Yeah they'll know we are Christians by our love

We will work with each other, we will work side by side

We will work with each other, we will work side by side

And we'll guard each man's dignity and save each man's pride

And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love

Yeah, they'll know we are Christians by our love.

And they will know.

I posted this same verse in August of 2019, with a different title and a different commentary, and if you would indulge me, I’d like to repeat that commentary.

My friend shared on Facebook the story about the math teacher that had each student make a list of every student in the class and next to the student’s name write the nicest thing they could think of about that student.  She gathered the papers and gave each student a copy of what everyone in class said about them.

I’ve heard several variations of this story.

The point is, sometimes we are so hard on ourselves that we forget the reasons we are loved.

if you need a virtual hug, either comment on this post, send me a text or a private message and I will tell you why you are wonderful.

This still holds true today – you are loved, if you are reading this in an email a text, a facebook message or group, Instagram, MeWe or Twitter, know that I write these because I love the people that read them, and maybe even people I don’t know. 

Let’s show the world what love really is.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...