Friday, February 4, 2022

stand your ground

If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.

- Isaiah 7:9b (NIV)

 

I don’t miss having little kids around, I am thoroughly enjoying being an empty nester.

I do however miss having a reason to watch Veggie Tales!

The original Veggie Tales – not the “acceptable on television” Veggie Tales.

Rack, Shack and Benny was one of my all time favorites, I mean who doesn’t love a good story about chocolate?

But hey – the story was about standing up for what you believe, even when it’s not the most popular thing to do.

You know I have to throw in a song reference, and of course it’s Veggie Tales!

My Mummy always told me to do what's right;

To wash behind my ears and try to be polite.

She says she loves me so.

(That's beautiful.)

It's like she tells me what I need to know.

(I've got alot of respect for that woman.)

But sometimes when I'm playing with a buddy or two,

They're doing things you're not supposed to do.

(Do you go along - even though the things they do are wrong?)

I remember stand (Stand up, stand up)

For what you believe in, believe in,

Believe in God (He's the one to back you up)

We'll stand with you!

When everybody tells you that you have to be cool,

Remember what you learnt in church and Sunday school.

Just check it out - the Bible tells us what it's all about.

(Oh, you know that's right.)

So if you have a question, go ask your Dad,

And he can tell you if the thing is good or bad.

You'll make they're day,

If you remember what you're parents say (what they say.)

They told us stand (Stand up, stand up)

For what you believe in, believe in,

Believe in God (He's the one to back you up)

We'll stand with you!

Oh, stand (Stand up, stand up)

For what you believe in, believe in,

Believe in God (He's the one to back you up)

We'll stand with you!

He'll stand with you, oh yeah.

(extra points if you sang it!)  

See, just like Junior Asparagus was explaining to King Nezzar, we have to stand up for what we believe in, because if we don’t, well then we end up following the wrong people and doing the wrong things and then we aren’t standing at all. 

Like Rack, Shack and Benny, I am going to stand my ground where hope can be found (but that is another song).

Won’t you stand with me?

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...