Wednesday, February 23, 2022

teach me

The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.

- Isaiah 29:13 (NIV)

 

Do you hunger and thirst for knowledge? 
I have a friend that absolutely loves to learn, so much so that she spent her entire military career taking classes and as a result she seriously knows something about everything!! 
How many of us went to Sunday school and church as children and did stuff simply because that was the way we were taught? 
Do you really know the reason you are baptized or take communion? 
Do you know why you pray a certain way?

When we do things out of habit, it really isn’t much mor than a mindless activity and God doesn’t want that kind of worship. 
He wants us to love Him with our whole hearts, to have a relationship with Him, not recite mantras and perform actions just because we are taught that is what we do.

Let’s step away from old habits and renew our relationship with God, so when we talk about Him we really are honoring Him.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...