Monday, February 28, 2022

I am who you say I am

He came to that which was His own, but His own did not receive Him. Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

- John 1:11-13 (NIV)

 

“You’re not my real mom!”

Although I have never heard these words from my children, I see them in the faces of my cats when I tell them to get off the counter or table, but I have heard children of friends utter these words in anger to a step-parent or an adoptive parent. 
I have seen the pain that crosses the face of the parent in question that has stayed up nights with that child when they were sick, held them when they cried, prayed for them when they were struggling. 

“You’re not my real dad.” 

Those words cut a parent to the core, just as bad as hearing “I hate you” or “I wish you weren’t my mom/dad”. 

I wonder if Jesus felt the same, when His own people denied who He was. 
I wonder if God feels the pain and hurt when His children willfully turn their backs on Him. 

I’ve shared this song before, but I really want to share part of the lyrics again:

Who am I that the highest King would welcome me?

I was lost, but He brought me in

Oh His love for me

Oh His love for me

Who the Son sets free

Oh, is free indeed

I'm a child of God, yes, I am

Free at last, He has ransomed me

His grace runs deep

While I was a slave to sin, Jesus died for me

Yes, He died for me

Who the Son sets free

Oh is free indeed

I'm a child of God, yes, I am

In my Father's house

There's a place for me

I'm a child of God, yes, I am

I am chosen, not forsaken

I am who You say I am

You are for me, not against me

I am who You say I am

Who the Son sets free

Oh is free indeed

I'm a child of God, yes, I am

In my Father's house

There's a place for me

I'm a child of God, yes, I am
He is our real dad, whether we are willing to admit it or not, He is our real Dad. 

We are children of the One true King. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...