Tuesday, August 31, 2021

light it up

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

- Matthew 5:14-16

 

Our world is so dark right now, there is so much anger and hate, lies and deceit. 

It feels like darkness and evil control everything around us.

I have lights in every room of my house, these lights help guide me from the bedroom to the kitchen in the dark without stepping on a cat or running into a piece of furniture. 

Recently I forgot to turn some of those lights on and wow - what a difference those little lights make!

The same holds true for us you know – the light of Jesus shines in a believer, shines so bright that others want to know what that is all about.

If people are lights, then we have to ask, what to people see when they see us? 
Do they see the light, the person that God wants you to be, or the person that your boss/spouse/society wants you to be? 

I saw a quote once: “When you are not the person God has called you to be, you keep others from being the person God has called them to be.”

I want to be the person that God wants me to be. 

I want to be a light that makes a difference.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...