Thursday, August 26, 2021

it’s not your battle

He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.

- 2 Chronicles 20:15

 

While hanging out in South Dakota a few weeks ago, I came across a metal sign that caught my eye. 

It said “The battle is not yours, but God’s”.

Oh boy.

How many times do we wish that we were not fighting the battles that we are fighting?

So many things go through my mind when I think about this, watching people that I love struggle with things on their own.

The battle is not yours, but God’s.

Marriage, relationships, children, health, finance, all of these things in our lives can be battles.

And all of these things can and should be turned over to God.

Maybe they don’t get resolved the way that we want them resolved, but I can personally think of a handful of times that I wanted a specific outcome and God gave me something different.  

Perhaps I was angry or sad at the time, but looking back with fresh eyes, I can see that God has only wanted what is good for me, always.

We need to give our battles to Him, have faith that He will protect us in all of our battles.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...