Monday, December 2, 2019

shhhhhhhhh


So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
– Matthew 6:2

It is that time of the year . . .
There are bell ringers at every store, “angel trees” all over.
I see many people on social media making a huge deal over their giving.
You don’t need to do this.
If you have the ability to share, you should absolutely share, however, putting it on social media or discussing it in the breakroom, well that kind of takes away from the point of giving.
Pay it forward is a really cool concept, but telling the world that you did it is like you expect a pat on the back for doing a nice thing.
Drop that change in the red kettle, buy those “angel gifts” , pay it forward.
Just keep it to yourself – God knows your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...