Monday, December 30, 2019

lost credit card


What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.  
- Matthew 12-14

How many times have we heard about the shepherd leaving the ninety-nine to find the lost sheep?
Hopefully you have heard it and most importantly, understand it.
The pastor at my church put a different spin on it in his sermon, that might make you understand if you did not before.
I asked him if I could use idea in my blog, and he said yes, so here it is.
Pretty much everybody has several debit or credit cards in their possession.
What happens if you lose your main debit card, the one with access to all your funds?
You don’t look in your wallet and see your Discover card still there and relax, you don’t call your friends and say “hey, I still have my Visa”, no, you start looking everywhere and calling the last places you may have used the card to see if you left it behind.
What about when you misplace your cell phone (admit it, we have all lost our phones at some point!)?
Do you look around the house and think of your other electronics like, “oh, I am so glad my wireless router is still there” or “hey, my TV is right where I left it”!
No, you don’t.
When we lose something important, we obsess over it, we go on a mission to find it.
I am telling you, the same thing happens with people.
God obsesses over us when we are lost, torn apart from Him.
It is His mission to find us and bring us back to Him safely.
I am so thankful that I am one of the ninety-nine, but I am more thankful that if I ever do stray, He will leave the ninety-nine to come find me and bring me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...