Wednesday, October 10, 2018

will I see you in Heaven?


For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
—1 Corinthians 13:12

Do you wonder if you will see your friends and loved ones in Heaven?
I heard a conversation once, a couple of sisters debating on if their parents would recognize them since they were young when their parents died.
Once sister was convinced that Heaven was nothing, that she would feel the presence of God and her loved ones that passed before her.
The other sister said that God chooses your best form and that is how you will appear in Heaven.
This distressed the first sister, because she felt that she was her best when she was in her 30’s and their parents had passed when they were in their late teens.
Her distress was in the idea that her loved ones would not recognize her if they did not know her then.
I think they are both right.
I think that God will take our best form, we are not going to be sickly and weak in Heaven.
I also think that we will know our loved ones by their presence.
Just as we know the presence of our Lord, He will know us.
He will know us fully, even as we know Him.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...