Tuesday, October 2, 2018

trust


Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
– Psalm 20:7

Did you know that the word “trust” can be found in 127 verses, in 57 chapters located in 30 books of the Bible?
What is it that I am always saying about if something is repeated a bunch of times, it must be because we need to hear it?
The definition of the noun trust is “firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.”
The verb trust is similar: “believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of”.
I trust that my cat will jump onto my shoulders when I walk in the door tonight, because that is what she has a history of doing.
I trust that my manager knows I will provide accurate information when he needs it from me.
But what is it to trust in the name of the Lord our God?
One of the websites that I frequent says that Trusting is believing in the promises of God in all circumstances, even in those where the evidence seems to be to the contrary.
I don’t think that I can say it any better.
I trust You, Lord.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...