Monday, October 15, 2018

comfort in our troubles


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.
– 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

I don’t know about you, but when I am sad or hurt, I seek comfort.
Sometimes that comfort is in chocolate (I hope my husband is not reading this!)
Sometimes I seek comfort in my husband, or a trusted friend.
How are they able to comfort me?
Because they have been comforted.
The One who opens His arms, and lets us run to Him when we need Him, He has given us the gift of compassion, as he loves and comforts us, we can love and comfort each other.
I am thankful that I have been loved, so I am able to love others.
So listen, if you need something, call me. 
I can bring a shoulder, and ear, and maybe chocolate.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...