Friday, June 1, 2018

choose joy


Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
— Romans 12:12

A gentle reminder. . .
Sometimes it is difficult at best to be joyful and patient, and even less faithful in prayer.
I don’t know about you, but there are times in my life when surviving day to day is a struggle and I simply have to throw myself into prayer, trusting that my God will see me through.  
It is not easy.
Phil Ware, one of the contributing authors of Verse of the Day has this to say:
Choosing joy through hope rather than despair, choosing patient endurance in times of affliction, and choosing faithfulness in prayer are all decisions of the will trusting that the God who raised Jesus from the dead can also change our circumstances because he hears our voice.”
Maybe knowing that He hears our voice is all we need to know to find joy, to be patient and to continue our journey of faithfulness.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...