Wednesday, June 6, 2018

it isn't over yet


I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given to me — the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

;
“A semicolon is used when an author could’ve chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you, and the sentence is your life,” – Project Semicolon
I don’t believe that there is anyone that has not been touched by suicide.
Suicide is devastating for those left behind, there are so many unanswered questions, feelings of anger, guilt, sadness and despair.
When I first read the verse I have chosen for today, I thought there was nothing I could say to relate to this verse.
My blog, email, “daily bread” is supposed to inspire people, to lift them up, encourage them.
How are the first eight words of this verse even remotely inspiring?
They are not.
But the words that follow are.
That I may finish the race and complete the task that the Lord Jesus has given me.
There are several song references I could make here . . .  Mandisa sings a song called “Unfinished” , Brandon Heath has “He’s Not Finished With Me Yet” – go listen to those songs if you have any doubt about His work in you.
Maybe you feel that your life is not worth anything, but I am telling you, you are worth EVERYTHING to God.
YOU are important.
YOU are special.
You have a job to do, to spread the love of God.
Go do that.
Your story isn’t over yet.

Have a blessed day!
Please don’t ever think you are alone and hopeless. Call someone. Text someone. Call, text or email me!  If you can’t talk to someone you know, call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...