Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Why worry?

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
Matthew 6:25-27
I really, really need to concentrate on this . . . I am a serial worrier. . . I worry about how much I worry!
If you look a little at all of Matthew 6, you read that Jesus assures His disciples that God knows their every need.
If He feeds the birds of the air, will He not feed us?
Then Jesus brings us the shocking truth: our anxiety is connected to doubt and unbelief!
To worry about tomorrow is a sign that we don’t trust our heavenly Father to take care of us.
We are called to deal with the things of today and trust that the God who knows our name has our tomorrows in His hands.
So anxiety or worry is a symptom of an unbelieving heart.
How do we get rid of worry?
Our answer comes with repentance, then realigning our heart with God’s promise to meet our needs.
The promises in Matthew 6 alone have enough bread from heaven to sustain us in the midst of this troubled time.
Now, I need to practice what I preach, ya’all!


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...