Monday, August 21, 2017

Do we really listen?

A third time the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.” Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy. So Eli told Samuel, “Go and lie down, and if He calls you, say, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
– 1 Samuel 3:8-9

Poetry reference!
"Don't Miss Out"
The man whispered, "God, speak to me
And a meadowlark sang.
But, the man did not hear
So the man yelled "God, speak to me!"
And, the thunder rolled across the sky.
But, the man did not listen.
The man looked around and said,
"God let me see you"
And a star shined brightly.
But, the man did not notice.
And, the man shouted,
"God show me a miracle!"
And, a life was born.
But, the man did not know.
So, the man cried out in despair,
"Touch me God,
and let me know you are here!"
Whereupon, God reached down
and touched the man.
But, the man brushed the BUTTERFLY away and walked on.
~author unknown~

When the Lord speaks to the young prophet Samuel for the first time, Samuel mistakes that voice for his mentor, Eli.
How many times do we not recognize His voice when He speaks to us?
Sometimes, we listen for Him but we do not hear His whisper.
It is important to learn to distinguish His voice from the dull roar of life around us.
Listen.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...