Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Diamonds!

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:16-17

Imagine that, me referencing music and singing!
This morning on the way to work I heard the song “Diamonds”  - what a great reminder that He is not done with us yet!!
He’s making diamonds
Making diamonds
He’s making diamonds out of dust
He is refining
And in his timing
He’s making diamonds out of us
Oh The Joy of the Lord
It will be my strength
When the pressure is on
He’s making Diamonds
I love to sing (even though I am not very good at it)
I have been singing out loud since before I could talk. 
I have been singing in church, at events, and there are even videos of me singing out there (we can NOT count last year’s ISD video – I was so badly off key). 
Music, to me is a window to my soul – I sing when I am happy, when I am heartbroken, even when I am angry . . . I kind of make up the words to fit my mood sometimes. (you can grin there).
But the basis of all our songs is Jesus, and the proclamation of the good news that brings life to us through Him.
As that message, that word of Christ fills our hearts, we are tuned to be thankful children of the Most High.
Dude!  He is making DIAMONDS!!
All the rough stuff we are going through, it is to polish us and make us beautiful!
Today, let’s sing out of gratitude.
God is not only worthy of all of our praise, He is worthy of all of our thankfulness.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...