Thursday, August 18, 2022

I made a mistake

Love forgets mistakes; nagging about them parts the best of friends.

- Proverbs 17:9 (TLB)

 

Part of the reason that I like the internet is that I can look up different translations of Bible verses.

This verse in the NIV version didn’t make a lot of sense to me.

But when I started researching, I found other translations that made it clear.

We all make mistakes – that is the joy of being human.  

It is probably accurate to say that a lot of the mistakes we make are related to sin.

This verse talks about friends and loved ones knowing about the sin and they ignore it, hate us for it, or constantly belittle us for it.

See, we can love someone while we don’t love their sins, but ignoring their sin isn’t right and it is certainly wrong to hold a grudge over that person because of a sin they have committed. 
Make your mistakes, own up to them and make amends. 

If you love someone that has messed up, don’t stop loving them but instead love them through their mistake and help them along their way.

Proverbs 17 is a good chapter in any translation.

Twenty-eight verses reminding us that there is a good way to respond and a bad way to respond.

Let’s choose good.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...