Thursday, August 25, 2022

caregivers

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

- 1 Timothy 5:8 (ESV)

 

At the end of next week comes a day I have been dreading for the last 8 months.

September 3rd would have been my mother’s 92ndbirthday.

Even though I really lost her when Alzheimer’s took over her memory, her death last December was devastating to me.

Mother’s day, my birthday, my adoption day, all of these have brought memories flooding back and breaking my heart all over again.

I had spent the better part of the last nine years ensuring that she was cared for and had everything that she needed.

Mom spent her whole life taking care of her kids, some of the neighbor kids and even some grandkids, she sacrificed a lot for us.

Here is a quote from the internet that I’d like to share with you:

To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors. – Tia Walker.

And this one:

If your parents cared for you, care for them.  Even if they didn’t care for you, if you have the opportunity to do so, care for them.  One day you will be older.  Once again, unable to care for yourself.  Who will care for you?  What goes around comes back around. – thegoodvibe.co

I could go on for days as the tears fall, there are a lot of quotes about caring for elderly parents the last one I’ll post today is this:

Love your parents and treat them with loving care.  For you will only know their value when you see their empty chair. - Anonymous  

You don’t know what you are losing until their chair is empty.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...